Thursday, September 22, 2011

Perogy Boyz ft. The Hose and Hound


Well, I jumped on the bandwagon and found myself a food truck. Perogy Boyz was sitting on 12th Ave by Memorial Park and I made sure to hit it up on my way to work. I love perogies and three varieties were offered that day. Traditional (cottage cheese and potato), duck with saskatoon berry relish (or some such thing) and Mexi (ground beef, cheese.. something like that). It was something like 5 or 6 perogies for 7 DOLLARS! Oh my... and they wouldn't let me mix and match. That doesn't make sense... same price for duck as for potato?

It was my first time, so I went for the traditional. They were cooked and flavoured adequately enough but they were THIN. When I am paying 7 DOLLARS for cheese and potato, I'd better get a cheese and potato explosion in my mouth upon biting. But this wasn't the case. These were just okay. And all the hype and social media marketing and trend following does not justify the price.

I had better perogies at the Hose & Hound last week:


The bean and cheese empanandas were good too, with a spicy remoulade sauce. 

THE END

Perogy Boyz
Website

The Hose and Hound
1030 9 Ave SE (Inglewood)
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment