Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rocky's Burger Bus


I finally did it! I discovered the best hamburger in Calgary! Well, in my subjective opinion and based on my personal research... but I'm pretty confident that this is it. I would be perfectly happy never again eating a hamburger from Peter's or 5 Guys if only I could eat this hamburger for the rest of my life. 


Nothing special you say. Look at the bun. Pretty simple. No fancy toppings. Looks like a backyard BBQ hamburger, but maybe that's why I like it. I like the simplicity of good quality beef. I think novelty toppings usually just spoil a burger (unless they are masterfully selected), and I am sick and tired of burger places that use frozen machine pressed burgers. And I'm looking directly at Burger Inn who told me they have the best burger in the city and then took the patty out of the deep freeze and microwaved it RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE... OMG!!! I'm tired of settling for less.


Just look at that beef! It's thick and juicy.Yes it's quality, fresh and local. Yes, it's made by hand and cooked perfectly. Besides cheese there is only like, relish and onions on it, and I don't even like relish. But one bite and I was silent, and I handed the burger to my friend Jenna who wasn't hungry and she took a bite and was silent. We both agreed it was the best burger we had ever had. One thing I can't stand is pretension. Give me real ingredients for a reasonable price from a old bus in an industrial park and I am much happier than I would be sitting in Loungeburger. The only thing, of course, is that you have to eat outside. This was really quite pleasant on the nice sunny day that we went, despite being in an industrial park. Also, Rocky's is only open during the week and only til 4pm. So it can be hard to catch them when they're open.

The poutine was really good too!


But I beg you all... please experiment for yourself. Don't believe the hype. Make your own opinions. We all deserve to eat the best food, and not to settle for less.

1120 46 Ave SE (Blackfoot Industrial Park)
403 - 243- 0405

No comments:

Post a Comment